Monday, November 12, 2007

A new pair of shoes



Bought a new pair of running shoes, even owning 2 other pairs. But this is my first pair of Sauconys, having my last 4 pairs of Asics. The current 2 pairs of Asics are good shoes, but showing signs of poor durability. The Nimbus 7 is actually seperating at the midsole & the Speedstar is loosing its outsole despite only using it in 3 races & a handful of tempo runs after a few months.


I made my selection from the web & my foot type. It was the Sinister I wanted, a performance training shoe. My choices towards lightweight trainings are after deliberating that I'm a runner of average to lightweight. Over-built cushioning shoes like the Nimbus are going to be overkill. The difference between the Nimbus & Speedstar is 300g for the pair, which is substantial considering the rate of impact a foot sustains during a training run. Also if I were to wear the most protective shoe, what would overweight runners wear? Also, I love blue shoes.


I went to the Saucony agent at Kaki Bukit & spotted the Sinister for the 1st time in real life. The salesman mentioned that it's dubbed the WRX, with reference to the Subaru car. I could not


agree more, in terms of it's deep blue colour & type of running it was designed for. At the retail price of $189, I had a 40% off, paying $116. A bargain for a top of the range new release. It's also loaded with gadgets without being bogged down.


Can't wait to take it out for a spin.




No comments: