Thursday, September 13, 2007

Reservior Run 2007

aThis is my first outing at the Public Service Quarter Marathon, or what it used to be called, as the organisers want to increase participation. So, it's called the Chicken Walk, no seriously, the Reservior Run 2007. Distance is still 10km.
Competition is tough with the Gurkas representing the police force. To smell top 50 would be nice. As according to previous results a 44mins would only achieve top 40.
Knowing there's nothing much to prove, except to finish ahead of my teammates. So i went to power conservation mode & didn't fire all cylinders. At the gun, one of my crazy teammates went off like a hare. I had no choice but to match stride for stride. Within 3km, this madman ran out of steam & I then kept to a steady 175 beats per mins. This got me covering every 5oometres at a almost constant 2mins20sec odd.
In the end I finished in 47mins ahead of my teammates. Like they say in every race, to beat the opposition, one has to beat his teammates first.
In the end, I accomplised the 2 goal, I finished 48th, ahead of my teammates

No comments: