Sunday, January 13, 2008

A New Ride for my Dick


Just changed my bike saddle today. To cut a long story short, to preserve my future generations, I though it was time to take the tingling sensations coupled with numbness in my dick seriously. I decided to change my Fizik Arione for one with a much more generous cut-out – the SMP Evolution. The cut-out is more substantial than the previous Selle San Marco Aspide Aerohead.
As saddle purchases are largely a personal choice as well as a gamble, I went 2nd hand. I managed to land a good deal with year-old one, used used once, still packaged with the silica gel at less than half the cost.
When I purchased the Arione, it was based on numerous praises from user reviews and all the marketing hype; wing flex, more contact area. But this site takes the cake - http://bikesportmichigan.com/reviews/arione.shtml. In it, the author sings high praises for this saddle, just like all other products reviewed. I’m sure he can sell combs to monks. He claims that the centre anti-skid strip is made of a less dense material. No where in the manufacturer’s site or web site to that matter ever mentioned a word on this. Somehow I think kissing the manufacturer’s ass might get him a better retail deal. Anyway, the Arione’s raised centre strip actually attributed to some of my numbness where the sun doesn’t shine. I hope the SMP Evolution will help the evolution of my species.

No comments: