Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Am I supposed to be proud?

Before continue reading, if the following post should offend to the point of my arrest or massacure of my family, please drop me a note to remove so we can solve the issue amicably.

Here goes.

Our nation just celebrated its National Day recently. A day for celebration & to be proud of. But are we? But am I?

Don;t get me wrong, I have nothing against the government or the country. But the people leaves much to be desired. I find them (or us) left wanting. Take a look around, people, despite being in a fast developing country are still far from gracious. People rushing for little gaps, like queue jumping & along the expressways. Tempers are short, easily irriated. Try switching lanes in traffic & they will do a F1 manouveure on you. Too sheltered & pampered by the goverment. We are not exactly survivors in the outside world.

The Chinese, & I mean the real mainlanders, make be labelled as Neaderthals but they are way more forward looking. Bump into one or cut him off in traffic, he will simple honk & move on. Moving on, that's what they excel at, at all cost. Us, we stop & stare, throw a few punches. Trivally childish.

Another queer trait of local is the habit of turning for a look at another but not acknowledging when met with someone unfamiliar. If bothered to look, at least smile , just don't turn away. Unfriendly folk.

& with the increasing population here with foreigners ever increasing. We have no one but ourselves to blame as we cannot make it on our own to put our country on the map.

There you go, after all the celebrations & the fireworks, economic progress and all, it's the people who make the nation but falls short.

No comments: